SERVES 4 to 6 (FAST) (VEG)
- 1 romaine lettuce heart (6 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ounces (3 cups) baby arugula
- 1 cup jarred whole baby artichoke hearts packed in water, quartered, rinsed, and patted dry
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce Asiago cheese, shaved
Gently toss romaine, arugula, artichoke hearts, parsley, and olives together in large bowl. Whisk vinegar, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pinch pepper together in small bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in oil. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve, topping individual portions with Asiago.
1- MEASURE OUT AND TOSS GREENS Measure out greens and toss gently with any additional vegetables.
2- MAKE DRESSING BASE Whisk together vinegar or lemon juice and seasonings.
3- WHISK OIL INTO DRESSING BASE To fully emulsify, slowly drizzle oil into base, whisking constantly.
4- DRIZZLE DRESSING OVER SALAD Evenly drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss gently to coat. Add salt, pepper, and any additions like cheese and nuts and serve.